Skip to content
- Work with individuals, families, clinical settings, schools, communities and government to identify, manage, and ultimately prevent childhood obesity in the community.
- Create interventions and models for improvement that can be replicated throughout Tennessee and the nation.
- Perform research to learn more about the success of obesity prevention and treatment efforts.
- Partner with national experts to improve the care of children who are overweight and obese.
- Reduce childhood obesity by promoting policy change.
- Build awareness and educate the public about the problem of childhood obesity.
- Catalyze partnerships and encourage collaboration among existing community resources.
- Plant seeds of information and build momentum for action without being proscriptive.
- Ensure strategies emphasize policy and environmental changes and not just individual and family efforts.
- Research and provide culturally competent educational materials.
- Serve as a forum for speakers.
- Engage in outreach and media campaign.
- Support the creation of programs and existing programs with similar missions.
- Identify funding opportunities to support ongoing efforts.
- Facilitate opportunities for organizations and agencies of a like mind to partner on programs and activities that promote healthy lifestyle choices.
<span>%d</span> bloggers like this: